The Zendikar block is the sixteenth block consisting of, atypically, two large expansions Zendikar () and Rise of the Eldrazi (), with one small expansion Worldwake () in between.   The block came out in 2009-2010. In design, it was considered an experimental land block.  Because of Rise's premise as a large set, it introduced its own collection of ability words and keywords, instead of further expansion of the previous mechanics.
Keywords and abilitiesEdit
- from Zendikar and Worldwake: Landfall, Quest enchantments, Trap cards, Multikicker
- from Rise of the Eldrazi: Annihilator, Level Up, Rebound, Totem armor.
Keywords reused from the past: Kicker
- Mark Rosewater. (December 07, 2009.) “Playing With Blocks”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (June 24, 2013.) “Modern Tales, Part 2”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 24, 2014.) “Top 8 and a Half Tales”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.