|Birthplace||Ravnica City, Ravnica|
|Race||Human / merfolk hybrid|
History[edit | edit source]
Vorel used to be the human leader of a small Gruul clan. But when he gave the order to concede territory to a growing Boros garrison in order to secure his own clan’s turf, the clan turned on him. He was nearly killed before escaping. He then brought his shamanic skills and mindset to the Simic, discovering that his strategic mind actually suited that guild better. Experimented on, he received some merfolk traits. His emotionally charged background still shines through from time to time, leading him to be a bit more emotionally driven than others in the Combine.
Vorel long believed that Prime Speaker Zegana should have been replaced with someone more prone to action, and he was the first and loudest advocate for Vannifar's leadership. During the War of the Spark, the Simic participated in the guild meeting after the Elderspell was cast, and Vorel was sent as a representative for Vannifar. Vorel told Ral Zarek that Vannifar was a fighter and had been preparing for war long before Bolas was known to be a threat. Ral then wondered the obvious question of who exactly was Vannifar preparing to war with before Bolas.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- Trick Jarrett (April 19, 2013). "Vorel of the Hull Clade". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer (February 2013), The Secretist: Part Two, Wizards of the Coast
- James Wyatt (January 2019). "The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica". Wizards of the Coast
- Greg Weisman (April 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica". Del Rey.
- Greg Weisman (May 15, 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica – The Path to Opulent". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.