|Last Used||Khans of Tarkir|
|Reminder Text||(type) Landwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a (type).)|
Landwalk was introduced in Alpha. The keyword always appeared in conjunction with a subtype or supertype to denote the appropriate characteristic, and in most cases did not actually appear as "Landwalk", but instead "Islandwalk", "Desertwalk", "Snow Forestwalk" and so on. "Denimwalk" was used in Unglued. Exceptions to the rule were "Nonbasic landwalk" (Dryad Sophisticate) and "Legendary landwalk" (Livonya Silone, Ayumi, the Last Visitor).
Typically, green could get any type of landwalk, while red, black and blue could get the landwalk associated with their respective basic land (islandwalk, swampwalk, and mountainwalk, respectively). "Plainswalk" has always been the least used basic landwalk type (only 5 cards, including Old Fogey) because it's not a great fit for its color mechanically, nor has particularly strong flavor. Also, the fact that "planeswalk" became an important concept in the game made "plainswalk" confusing.
Cards that grant Landwalk
- Piracy Charm
- Fishliver Oil
- Lord of Atlantis (other Merfolk creatures)
- Master of the Pearl Trident (other Merfolk creatures)
- Part Water
- Sandals of Abdallah
- War Barge
- Filth (if it's in your graveyard and you control a Swamp)
- Funeral Charm
- Leshrac's Rite
- Zombie Master (other Zombie creatures)
- Dryad's Favor
- Eladamri, Lord of Leaves (other Elf creatures)
- Elvish Champion (other Elf creatures)
- Nature's Cloak
- Hidden Path
- Lumbering Satyr
Landwalk of the chosen type
- Concerted Effort (if you control a creature with that landwalk ability)
Anti-landwalk cards allow creatures with a given landwalk ability to be blocked as though they didn't have that ability. The cards are listed below:
- Crevasse (mountainwalk)
- Deadfall (forestwalk)
- Great Wall (plainswalk)
- Quagmire (swampwalk)
- Undertow (islandwalk)
- These five enchantments form a cycle of landwalk hosers in Legends
- The Aura Street Savvy permits enchanted creature block creatures with landwalk abilities as though they didn't have those abilities.
- The World Enchantment Mystic Decree causes all creatures to lose islandwalk.
- Staff of the Ages (any landwalk abilities)
- Mark Rosewater. (June 8, 2015.) “Evergreen Eggs & Ham”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (May 14, 2017.) "Do you have any trivia on plainswalkers (note the spelling) for me?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (May 18, 2015 .) “Modern Mailbag”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (April 20, 2017.) "Is nonbasic landwalk retired too? Or other variations?", Blogatog, Tumblr.