The Zendikar block is the sixteenth block consisting of, atypically, two large expansions Zendikar () and Rise of the Eldrazi (), with one small expansion Worldwake () in between. The block came out in 2009-2010. In design, it was considered an experimental land block. Because of Rise's premise as a large set, it introduced its own collection of ability words and keywords, instead of further expansion of the previous mechanics.
Keywords and abilities[edit | edit source]
- from Zendikar and Worldwake: Landfall, Quest enchantments, Trap cards, Multikicker
- from Rise of the Eldrazi: Annihilator, Level Up, Rebound, Totem armor.
Keywords reused from the past: Kicker
Sets[edit | edit source]
Mega cycle[edit | edit source]
|Planeswalkers||Gideon Jura (Rise of the Eldrazi)||Jace, the Mind Sculptor (Worldwake)||Sorin Markov (Zendikar)||Chandra Ablaze (Zendikar)||Nissa Revane (Zendikar)|
|Five monocolored planeswalkers, each with their own part of the Zendikar storyline.|
Theme decks[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (December 07, 2009). "Playing With Blocks". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (June 24, 2013). "Modern Tales, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 24, 2014). "Top 8 and a Half Tales". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.