Yeti is a predominant red and green creature type used for ape-like humanoids living in cold mountainous regions. They are mainly connected to the Ice Age of Dominarian Terisiare, but are also seen near the Temur Frontier on Tarkir. The scientific community generally regards the Yeti or Abominable Snowman as a legend, given the lack of conclusive evidence for his existence.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Drelnoch — The only blue Yeti Mutant.
- Karplusan Yeti (Ice Age) — Largely unnoticed in the art of its card.
- Sylvan Yeti— The only Yeti not associated with winter conditions.
- In the Grand Creature Type Update the creature types Wiitigo (Wiitigo) and Strider (Shambling Strider) were changed into Yeti.
- The Wiitigo (also known as Wendigo) is a mythical creature appearing in the mythology of the Algonquian people. It is a malevolent cannibalistic spirit which can transform into humans, or which could possess humans. This translated in the aura Shape of the Wiitigo from Coldsnap.