Will of the council
From MTG Wiki
|Will of the Council|
|Typical Text:||Will of the council — ... starting with you, each player votes for ...|
|Statistics:|| 9 cards |
33% 22% 22% 11% 20%
|Gatherer search for "Will of the Council"|
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Because the votes are cast in turn order, each player will know the votes of players who voted beforehand.
- You must vote for one of the available options. You can’t abstain.
- No player votes until the spell or ability resolves. Any responses to that spell or ability must be made without knowing the outcome of the vote.
- Players can’t do anything after they finishing voting but before the spell or ability that included the vote finishes resolving.
- The phrase “the vote is tied” refers only to when there is more than one choice that received the most votes. For example, if a 5-player vote from among three different choices ends 3 votes to 1 vote to 1 vote, the vote isn’t tied.
Example[edit | edit source]