We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Vorik was a human captain of the Sea Gate militia on Zendikar  who became the commander-general of the Zendikari troops after the Rise of the Eldrazi.  He was a strongly built man with deep brown skin and curly gray hair cropped short. His banner was purple. 
During the final assault on Sea Gate, Commander Vorik had established a camp there. It was sheltered in a narrow ravine that's mouth was almost blocked by a huge fallen hedron but was overwhelmed by Eldrazi nonetheless. Vorik led the survivors out of the ravine and Gideon Jura helped the injured commander to bring the suvivors to Sky Rock, a floating hedron.  Finally established, it turned out that Vorik had been wounded by spawn of Ulamog and the corruption spread through his body. Before dying, he named Gideon his successor, instead of general Tazri, his most trusted advisor.  
References[edit | edit source]
- Ken Troop. (January 13, 2016.) “The Blight We Were Born For”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Levitch. (July 15, 2015.) “Limits”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt. (August 19, 2015 .) “Slaughter at the Refuge”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Kimberly J. Kreines. (September 9, 2015.) “The Survivors of Sky Rock”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt. (October 28, 2015.) “The Liberation of Sea Gate”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.