|This article documents an upcoming release.|
|Release date||February 29, 2020|
|Set size||Five 30-card decks|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Unsanctioned is a silver-bordered box set, marketed as a ready-to-play "Un-set" experience. It will be released on Leap Day, February 29, 2020. The set combines reprints from previous Un-sets with sixteen new Un-cards. It will have a “wrestling match kind of flavor.”
The set consists of five 30-card, preconstructed mono-colored decks, each designed to synergize with one another in unique and surprising ways. Each player combines two decks into one 60-card deck and faces off against another combined deck for some wacky gameplay that stretches the limits of what Magic cards can do. The new cards (3 in each deck, and 1 appearing in all decks) were designed very much with Commander and Cube in mind. Some of the reprints feature new artwork.
Unsanctioned will be available worldwide in English.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- 5 30-card decks
- 2 six-sided dice
- 10 double-sided tokens
- 10 full-art basic lands with new art (5 regular, 5 premium)
- 1 reusable box
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (October 10, 2019). "Did you design all 16 New cards yourself?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Weekly MTG (Video). Magic: The Gathering. YouTube (October 11, 2019).
- Mark Rosewater (October 13, 2019). "Are the new card from Unsanctioned flavored from Bablovia, somewhere else, or nowhere specific?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Wizards of the Coast (October 10, 2019). "Announcing Unsanctioned". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- WPN (October 10, 2019). "Unsanctioned". Wizards Play Network.
- Mark Rosewater (October 10, 2019). "Will the new cards in Unsanctioned function well in a draft format? My Un-cube needs to know!". Blogatog. Tumblr.