|This article documents an upcoming release.|
|Release date||February 29, 2020|
|Set size||Five 30-card decks|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Unsanctioned is an silver-bordered box set, marketed as a ready-to-play "Un-set" experience. It will be released on Leap Day, February 29, 2020. The set combines reprints from previous Un-sets with sixteen new Un-cards. It will have a “wrestling match kind of flavor.”
The set consists of five 30-card, preconstructed mono-colored decks, each designed to synergize with one another in unique and surprising ways. Each player combines two decks into one 60-card deck and faces off for some wacky gameplay that stretches the limits of what Magic cards can do. The new cards (3 in each deck, and 1 appearing in all decks) were designed very much with Commander and Cube in mind. Some of the reprints feature new artwork.
Unsanctioned will be available worldwide in English.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- 5 30-card decks
- 2 six-sided dice
- 10 double-sided tokens
- 10 full-art basic lands with new art (5 regular, 5 premium)
- 1 reusable box
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (October 10, 2019). "Did you design all 16 New cards yourself?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Weekly MTG (Video). Magic: The Gathering. YouTube (October 11, 2019).
- Mark Rosewater (October 13, 2019). "Are the new card from Unsanctioned flavored from Bablovia, somewhere else, or nowhere specific?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Wizards of the Coast (October 10, 2019). "Announcing Unsanctioned". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- WPN (October 10, 2019). "Unsanctioned". Wizards Play Network.
- Mark Rosewater (October 10, 2019). "Will the new cards in Unsanctioned function well in a draft format? My Un-cube needs to know!". Blogatog. Tumblr.