We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Introduced||Guilds of Ravnica|
|Last Used||Guilds of Ravnica|
|Typical Text||Undergrowth — ..., where X is the number of creatures in your graveyard.|
33.3% 41.7% 25%
Each undergrowth ability is different.They provide scaling effects that may start small, but they can be dominating in the late game.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Creature cards with other types, such as artifact creature cards, count for undergrowth abilities.
- Because tokens aren't cards, they never count for undergrowth abilities.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Creature — Elf Warrior
Undergrowth — Golgari Raiders enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature card in your graveyard.
Undergrowth — Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard. If that creature would die this turn, exile it instead.
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Tabak (September 4, 2018). "Guilds of Ravnica Mechanics". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 17, 2018). "Guild to Order, Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards of the Coast (September 20, 2018). "Guilds of Ravnica Release Notes". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.