Tribal lands are lands associated with one tribe.
Tribal mana production[edit | edit source]
5-color tribes[edit | edit source]
These lands produce one mana of any color, which can only be used to cast spells of a certain creature type. Many of these lands have a utility component.
- Ally Encampment (Allies) can be sacrificed for to return target Ally you control to its owner's hand.
- Cavern of Souls (Creature type of your choice)
- Crucible of the Spirit Dragon (Dragons) works as storage land.
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon (Dragons) can be sacrificed for to return Dragon creature card or Ugin planeswalker card from your graveyard to your hand.
- Sliver Hive (Slivers) can produce Sliver token for .
- Primal Beyond (Elementals) is also a tribal tapland.
- Unclaimed Territory (Creature type of your choice)
Colorless tribes[edit | edit source]
Colorless tribes have lands that produce instead of the one mana of any color.
Tribal utility lands[edit | edit source]
The Onslaught set introduced a 5-card cycle of utility lands. Each land taps for and has an activated ability, tied to a tribe, with an activation cost that requires the color associated as well as a varying amount of generic mana.
- Daru Encampment (; Soldiers)
- Riptide Laboratory (; Wizards)
- Unholy Grotto (; Zombies)
- Goblin Burrows (; Goblins)
- Wirewood Lodge (; Elves)
There are some additional two-colored cards using the same mechanic, but no full cycle.
- Seaside Haven (; Birds)
- Contested Cliffs (; Beasts)
- Starlit Sanctum (; Clerics)
- Grove of the Guardian (; Elementals)
Tribal taplands[edit | edit source]
In Lorwyn block introduced an array of lands which came into the battlefield tapped unless its controller revealed a creature card of a certain creature type from hand. These lands do not follow a strict color cycle. They match the colors in which each tribe appeared.
- Rustic Clachan (; Kithkin)
- Wanderwine Hub (; Merfolk)
- Secluded Glen (; Faeries)
- Auntie's Hovel (; Goblins)
- Gilt-Leaf Palace (; Elves)
- Ancient Amphitheater (; Giants)
- Murmuring Bosk (; Treefolk) is a Forest and works like a pain land for the other two colors
- Primal Beyond ( which can only pay for Elementals)
- Flamekin Village (; Elementals)
Factories[edit | edit source]
Notably the two factories are two of six cards featuring the Assembly-Worker tribe.
Other tribal lands[edit | edit source]
There are some other lands who care about creature types, but don't fall into a broader category. In general, they produce .
- Blinkmoth Nexus (Blinkmoths) is also a manland
- Elephant Graveyard (Elephants)
- Eye of Ugin (Eldrazi) doesn't have a mana ability and is legendary
- Gargoyle Castle (Gargoyles)
- Griffin Canyon (Griffins)
- Gods' Eye, Gate to the Reikai (Spirits) is legendary
- Hellion Crucible (Hellions)
- Kher Keep (Kobolds, especially those named Kobolds of Kher Keep) is legendary
- Kjeldoran Outpost (; Soldiers)
- Seraph Sanctuary (Angels)
- Spawning Bed (Eldrazi Scion)
- Swarmyard (Insects, Rats, Spiders, and Squirrels)
- Tomb of Urami (; Ogres, Demons, and Spirits) is legendary
References[edit | edit source]