|Introduced||Ravnica: City of Guilds|
|Last Used||Future Sight|
|Reminder Text||Transmute [cost] ([cost], Discard this card: Search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost as this card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Transmute only as a sorcery.)|
36% 36% 21% 7%
Transmute is the keyword ability of cards in Ravnica block aligned with the Dimir guild. It works by allowing a player to pay the transmute cost of a given card, discarding the card, then searching his or her library for a card with the same converted mana cost as the discarded card. It appears only on Black and Blue cards.
Unlikely to return[edit | edit source]
R&D have soured on Tutoring mechanics as they make games play out too similarly. Individual tutors are considered to be fine, but they don’t currently plan to do whole mechanics like Transmute, anymore.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- If you transmute a card with mana cost , for example, you can search for any card in your library with converted mana cost 2. It doesn't matter what type or colors that card is.
- You don't need to have another card with the same converted mana cost in your library to play the transmute ability, and you don't need to find a card even if there is one.
Example[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater. (May 2, 2016.) “Storm Scale: Ravnica and Return to Ravnica”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Aaron Forsythe. (September 23, 2005.) “Ravnica: Review and Preview”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (September 07, 2018.) "Could Transmute make a comeback in one of the upcoming Ravnica sets?", Blogatog, Tumblr.