|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
11.1% 22.2% 40.7% 3.7% 3.7% 14.8% 3.7%as of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths
Frog is a creature type used for cards that depict tailless, stout-bodied amphibians, including the smooth, moist-skinned frog species that live in a damp or semi-aquatic habitat and the warty, drier-skinned toad species that are mostly terrestrial as adults. They appear in blue, black and green. The first creature to bear the type was Whiptongue Frog in Exodus, though Chub Toad from Ice Age was issued errata to become a frog as well.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Dominaria[edit | edit source]
Mirrodin[edit | edit source]
Ravnica[edit | edit source]
Frogs are a favorite experimental resource for the Simic Combine. The Crocanura is a mutant Crocodile Frog; the Species Gorger another Frog Beast. Creatures like the Omnibian instead transform their surroundings into frogs.
Notable Frogs[edit | edit source]
Tokens[edit | edit source]
|Token Name||Color||Type Line||P/T||Text Box||Source||Printings|
|Frog Lizard||Green||Creature — Frog Lizard||3/3|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Frog in a Blender was a Standard deck popular after the release of Torment.
- Frogmite is an Artifact Frog.
- Polymorphist's Jest and Turn to Frog turn creatures into 1/1 blue Frogs until end of turn. A version of Unstable 's Very Cryptic Command also has this ability. Frogify does it permanently.
- Though Kasmina's Transmutation is similar in effect and the art features a polymorphed frog, the card does not change the target's creature type.
- The Omnibian (the result of Simic experimentation) turns creatures into 3/3 Frogs until end of turn.
References[edit | edit source]
- Monty Ashley (February 20, 2013). "Watching the Hybridization". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Bonnie Bruenderman (July 24, 2014). "Toadally Flavorful". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (April 24, 2006). "Sketches: Omnibian". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.