Roughly -5000 AR[edit | edit source]
One century before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Halcyon solidifies its position as capital of the Thran Empire. A power struggle begins between the elite imperialists and republican commoners, with the artificers on the side of the elite and the eugenicists on that of the republicans.
49 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Glacian is born.
43 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Yawgmoth is born.
13 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- The Halcyon elite stamps out the last bits of republican resistance. All the eugenicists are exiled.
9 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
8 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Yawgmoth is recalled from exile by Rebbec to cure Glacian. He discovers that phthisis is caused by powerstone radiation that the Untouchables have caught it en masse because their caves lie under the Mana Rig that makes the stones, and that the Halcytes themselves are also starting to get infected.
7 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Gix leads the first Untouchables' uprising to take vengeance on the people who afflicted them with phthisis. Yawgmoth discovers a serum that slows the disease down and uses it to quell the rebellion.
4 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
3 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Gix leads the second rebellion of Untouchables. But by now Yawgmoth holds power over the entire defense of Halcyon and stops the rebellion once more, this time forcing Gix into his personal service.
2 years before the Thran-Phyrexian War
- Months later, after the city is rebuilt, the Thran Alliance sends delegates to Halcyon. Dwarves, elves, minotaurs, viashino, cat people, and barbarians reveal that their countries have all been ravaged by Yawgmoth and his eugenicist followers during their exile. The Alliance tells Halcyon to rid Yawgmoth of his privileges, or they will declare war. The council decides Yawgmoth can stay, but with 15 against 13 votes, with the two deciding votes being those of Rebbec and Yawgmoth himself. Yawgmoth overthrows the council and starts to prepare for war.
- Dyfed takes the imprisoned Thran council along with a host of Glacian's goblins to the plane of Mercadia.
- Yawgmoth is shown Phyrexia by Dyfed, who opens a stable portal between that plane and Dominaria.
- The Null Moon is brought into orbit.
- Yawgmoth defeats the Thran Alliance, but Rebbec closes the portal from Dominaria to Phyrexia. Yawgmoth and his followers are trapped on the other side.