|Formerly part of||Terisiare|
Geography[edit | edit source]
The original continent surrounded by the Shielded Sea has been broken up in smaller islands. The Sea of Laments now lies in the middle of the old continent. To the west lie the Ilesemare Sea and the Endless Sea and Otaria, to the northeast lie the Videnthian Sea and Greater Videnth, and to the south the Shielded Sea and of Sarpadia.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- the School of the Unseen, the newest college of wizardry.
- The City of Shadows, a secretive training grounds for mages.
- Efuan Pincar
- The Kovrian Wastelands
- Oran Ridge, a massive mountainous area in the northwest of the continent.
- The Ronom Glacier, the coldest part of the continent.
- Yumok, a rival of Sarinth along the mountainous northern coast.
- Shingol, a fishing village on the west coast.
- Colekgan Mountains
- Urhulaan Valley 
- Eln Forest 
- Ruins of Ancient Almaaz, buried beneath the dunes.
- Almaaz (second kingdom), one of the most ancient kingdoms during the time of the Brothers. The only country that didn't collapse in the wake of the War.
- Sumifa, its capital
- The Halquina Mountains, the backbone of the southwestern peninsula. Now half-flooded, some of the peaks form an archipelago.
- Fallajia, several different tribes of desert nomads.
- New Argive, the main nation of the continent
- Balduvian Steppe, a vast region of New Argive, northwest of the Karplusan Mountains.
- The Karplusan Mountains. Prior to the Brothers' War this region was known as the Sardian Mountains.
- Epityr, an ancient settlement and center of learning.
- Argivia, the capital
- The Kher Ridges, a mountainous region
- Caves of Koilos, a network of caves containing the last technological remnants of the Thran and a planar portal to Phyrexia
- Kher Keep, lair of Kobolds
- Mishra's Fortress, located west of Koilos.
- Urza's Tower, located near the Kher Ridges.
- Yotia was the most southern of the coastal kingdoms, and the one suffering the brunt of Fallaji raiding parties before the outbreak of the war.
- The Sword Marches
- The Flarg, was a mountainous region infested by goblins.
- Korlis, a fading human civilization in the south.
- Krov, the capital city of Korlis
- Soldev, a semi-autonomous city in the north, located on the ruins of Storgard
Other locations[edit | edit source]
- Jharth, one of the smaller islands of the archipelago, between New Argive and Gulmany.
- The Deep-sea trench connecting Terisiare with Sarpadia
- Iwset and Jehesec, two small island states off the west coast.
- Alsoor, a city that was destroyed by diabolic machines. Voska lived near it, and here Jodah had his first escape from Primata Delphine.
- Pitdown the location a three-way battle between Alsoor, Ghed and a goblin host.
- Ghed, a port city three days travel to the southwest from Alsoor.
- Coireall, the site of a famous, contested tower.
- The Scarwood, a wooded region plagued by bandits, goblins, hags, and scavenger folk.
- Thorn. Tivadar hailed from this town. He and his Knightly Order, aided by the wizard Rasputin Dreamweaver, temporarily restored civilization to Terisiare by throwing back the Goblin Invasions with their Crusade. This brought a close to the period known as 'the Dark.'
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Maps of Terisiare[edit | edit source]
The art of Invasion Plans also shows a globe of Dominaria with Terisiare on the left (4205 AR) ©2001 Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
Sources[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Martha Wells (March 21, 2018). "Return to Dominaria, Episode 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Robert E. Vardeman (1996). Dark Legacy, HarperPrism.
- Magic Arcana (July 30, 2007). "Colossus of the Sardian Range". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Goblins of the Flarg
- Flavor text for Diabolic Machine
- Tower of Coireall