Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Template:Featured article/March 2013
March 2013[edit source]
- Duel Decks: Sorin vs. Tibalt is the 11th product released in the Duel Decks series, and was released on March 15, 2013. It outlines the fierce clash between the ancient planeswalker Sorin Markov and the capricious Tibalt.
- Both of the planeswalkers hail from the dark world of Innistrad, where humans are seen as a source of food by vampires and targets for torment, by demons and devils.
- Although one of the oldest vampires on Innistrad, Sorin took disdain in their excessive predation, resulting in a diminishing human population. When Sorin suggested moderation, other vampire families were affronted and resented him for the suggestion. Sorin, a planeswalker, was disgusted by their scorn and left his world entirely, scouring planes to find a solution to the problem on his home plane.
- Tibalt, on the other hand, was initially a human necromancer whose own failures drove him away from his profession. Tibalt's planeswalker spark ignited when a his essence was merged with the host of infernal devils that were attracted by his experiments into pain. Now, with new-found powers, Tibalt travels the Multiverse in search of unfortunates upon whom he can practice his craft.
- With his experience and wisdom, in large part due to his otherworldly longevity, Sorin knows that the humans of Innistrad may not only fail to thrive but lose their grip on survival if the monsters of Innistrad continue to hunt them too recklessly and aggressively. In stark contrast, Tibalt remains irreverent to authority or consequences and only respects his own vicious whimsy.
- Deck lists and a list of the cards with alternate art can be found in the full article here.