Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Definition[edit | edit source]
- A group of players who share a common victory condition in a multiplayer game. See rule 808, “Team vs. Team Variant,” rule 809, “Emperor Variant,” rule 810, “Two-Headed Giant Variant,” and rule 811, “Alternating Teams Variant.”
- In a multiplayer game between teams, a player’s teammates are the other players on their team. See rule 102.3.
- 102.4. A spell or ability may use the term “your team” as shorthand for “you and/or your teammates.” In a game that isn’t a multiplayer game between teams, “your team” means the same thing as “you.”
Your team[edit | edit source]
Teams can have the same roles as players: starting, active, non-active, attacking and defending.
- Starting Team
- The team chosen to take the first turn of a game using the shared team turns option. See rule 103.2.
- Active Team
- The team whose turn it is in a game using the shared team turns option. See rule 805.4a.
- Attacking Team
- The team who can attack during the combat phase of a multiplayer game using the shared team turns option. See rule 805, “Shared Team Turns Option.”
- Defending Team
- The team who can be attacked, and whose planeswalkers can be attacked, during the combat phase of a multiplayer game using the shared team turns option. See rule 805, “Shared Team Turns Option.”