From MTG Wiki
Locations[edit | edit source]
- The most fertile land, the Valley of Tamingazin is located in the middle of the subcontinent. It is inhabited by three main races: Viashino, humans, and Garan elves.
- The valley is protected by the magewall, a magical shield.
- The Institute of Arcane Study is the magic school placed in the center of the Valley
- This is where the Magewall Hub is located, the artifact sustaining the magical shield.
- Berimish is the biggest city in the Valley. It is mainly inhabited by Viashino.
- The Garan Highlands in the western part of the valley, are the most fertile parts of land surrounded by magical shield.
- The Human Holds lay in the eastern part of the valley.
- Farson Hold, ancestral keep of the Tarngold family
- Voliton Hold, ancestral keep of the Karelon family
- The En'Jaga territory lies west of Tamagazin valley and shields it from Suderbod.
- The En'Jaga Highlands
- The river Nish
- The En'Jaga Swamps
- Suderbod is a large country south from the En'Jaga territory. The Suder have ambitions of conquering the Valley of Tamingazin.
- Skollten is a country north of the Valley of Tamagazin.
- An unnamed ocean border the Valley of Tamagazin on the south and east. It is dotted with several named and unnamed islands.
- Norumber, an island east of the Human Holds.
- Tamin, a large island south from the Valley.
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Martha Wells. (March 21, 2018.) “Return to Dominaria, Episode 1”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Before the publishing of the 2018 map, Tamingazin was believed to be a seperate landmass. According to Brady Dommermuth it was originally meant to be part of Jamuraa itself
- Mark Sumner, The Prodigal Sorcerer, November 1995
- Squirle. (February 11, 2015.) "The Prodigal Sorcerer", The Multiverse in Review, Tumblr.
Maps[edit | edit source]