I suggest that we split this page into 3 pages:
- Mana: This would hold everything currently on this page besides the rules references.
- Mana (rule): This would hold the Comprehensive Rules entry for rule 106: Mana
- Mana Cost (rule): This would hold the Comprehensive Rules entry for rule 202: Mana Cost and Color
The primary motivation for this is usability. When someone clicks the rule 106 link from the Comprehensive Rules index, it brings them to the top of this page, and they have to scroll down a full page to see the rule reference they were looking for. This also happens when they click the rule 202 link, which is more confusing because the first Comprehensive Rules section they see is different from the one they were looking for.
That problem could be solved by linking to section headers instead, but my proposed solution would also make the pages more consistent with the rest of the Comprehensive Rules reference pages.
If nobody objects by the end of February, 2014, I will assume that nobody cares and I will make the proposed changes.
- Unless I'm missing something, in Template:CR Navbox the 106-link doesn't bring someone to the top of the page. That does happen from Comprehensive Rules, which is just one disparity between the two that should be fixed. Clicking the 202-link is problematic in both, agreed. I'd prefer to keep it on one page (as with Life, among others), using section headers indeed. Ultimately, I don't really feel strongly about it though, so this is no real objection.
- AlmaV (talk) 01:59, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
- Admittedly, linking to section headers may be a better solution. At the very least, it's easier to implement, and we can always split it off later if it becomes a problem. As a temporary solution, I will add a subsection header for rule 202 and add that link to both Template:CR Navbox and Comprehensive Rules
- Updated the links to CR Navbox since it effectively replaces Navigation CR. - Yandere Sliver 17:24, 14 May 2016 (UTC)