MTGNews history[edit source]
"The site was founded after rumors of administrator Rancored_Elf leaving the site due to enteral problems began circulating within the public."
This is not true, at least it's not the way I remembered it. Xen founded Salvation, because R_E found out he had made some gimmick account after being banned numerous times and therefore banned him yet again. Being the angsty teenager he is he founded MTGS as his Salvation and told. People joined because he was sort of populair and because people always join new forums. Nobody at this time knew anything about the coming announcement and nobody joined for this reason. Sneakyhomunculus 10:10, 21 December 2005 (CST)
I was not around then so I do not know but Goblinboy and Senori remember hearing rumors of R_E leaving. But checking those rumors did start around 9-3, it was founded because of his banning. I will correct it and add more later. SorryGuy 13:20, 21 December 2005 (CST)
Sorry if I was misleading. I'm not sure what the reasons for the July founding were (probably the banning). I hadn't heard of any R_E rumors until September, when I joined. Goblinboy 18:13, 21 December 2005 (CST)
This needs to be proofread -- I've fixed a few errors already, but you keep adding more, heh. Anyway, try to make sure not to say anything leading -- nothing that could be called a value judgment; that goes for articles in general, but this one in particular. Finally, either make links out of things people wouldn't know naturally (like who Raa was or what the /me tag is), or explain them outright. VestDan 21:22, 26 December 2005 (CST)
We should really try and get a pci from the old forums. Sneakyhomunculus 08:43, 30 December 2005 (CST)
This article needs a major update.Sneakyhomunculus 13:48, 28 January 2006 (CST)
Changes some typos. Will also try to add a piece after the one-admin system if that's alright. Sneakyhomunculus 07:49, 19 February 2006 (CST)
Major work[edit source]
I kept adding little things to this until I decided this needed a significant rewrite (and addition). Please comment on the changes (you can find the diff here).
A few thoughts;
- were those really Xen's intentions? :-p
- I'm thinking that stan's logo isn't really important and is out of place in the chronology, so I removed it. It can still be found at prev.gif this
- there should be a more in-depth history of the whole MTGnews thing, but it's out of place here; I'm going to work on it at MTGNews.
- the whole "Moose Room" thing is really overblown here, so I removed most of it. If I recall, it wasn't that huge an issue.
- this page seems _really_ fanboyish in places. We don't need to chronicle every staff change.
Still a lot of work to be done (I'll do some more tonight, but I can't right now). -Senori 17:56, 26 February 2006 (CST)
Fixed a lot, but still needs a lot more Goblinboy 20:38, 3 April 2006 (CDT)
Is mtgsalvation down? I've gotten just a blank page when I've tried to go there the past couple of days. --GeoMike 21:43, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
Nope. It work fine for me. You neither had a bad luck trying to get there while ther were some short "downs", or it is a matter of some server in your region. But usually, when MTGS is down, Salwiki is down as well. So if you can get here, try again on forums. --MORT (T) 22:18, 1 August 2007 (UTC)
- The MTGS front page was reported to not load; this can be explained by Hannes' upgrading and maintenance check. And yes, they're often down at the same time; which is an indicator that both sites are on the same server. MM (talk!) 07:12, 2 August 2007 (UTC)
Update please![edit source]
- This article is so dead. Someone please add something, some time soon. MM (talk!) 11:54, 18 October 2007 (BST)
- This article is in need of much update, indeedy. I was away for a bit of last year, I think after that edit ... so ... MM (talk!) 17:16, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
MTG Salvation, or MTGSalvation?[edit source]
- What is ftloG? And I sure wsih we had a lot more contributors on here to add information on all of the subjects people want information added to ;) --GeoMike 10:58, 9 August 2008 (EDT)
- Hey, hey, it's an actual acronym and not my neologism... FtloG. Pardon me if anyone wants to play the religious sensitivities card. I used to believe; don't know. Stopped quite recently in my rather short life so far. MM (talk!) 08:58, 14 August 2008 (EDT)
Level of detail and neutrality[edit source]
I've taken an axe to quite a bit of this article. There was a lot of non-neutral talk about the forum drama that led to the development of MTGS, and detailed descriptions of changes to the forum software that frankly haven't been relevant in years. I'd appreciate some opinions on handling the history of MTGS' admins. Some of the people described seem noteworthy, particularly rancored_elf, but I'm not sure how long and meaningful the list of administrators really is. This situation isn't helped by the fact that this page seems to have stopped getting consistent updates around 13 years ago. Thoughts? --Corveroth (talk) 04:53, 1 June 2019 (UTC)