Gallery Highlights[edit source]
|Atog||Medium||Medium||Iconic card from Alpha. He has a lot of them.||Improved quality or another iconic card.|
|Bad Moon||High||Medium||Slightly recognizable card. Shows off horrific elements, but all his cards do.||Improved relevance of a high quality|
|Cosmic Horror||Low||Medium||Displays his Lovecraftian inspirations.||Improved quality or another Lovecraftian creature|
|Elves of Deep Shadow||High||High||Showcases gothic elements and has a good story to it, that may be deeper.||Not Recommended.|
Use this as a quick way to determine which artworks need improvement or replacement.
Gallery Suggestions[edit source]
Unfortunately not a lot of quality artwork for Myrfors exists at this time. He is expanding his online presence so some may appear relatively soon. The following are arts that would be very relevant for various reasons should you stumble across a quality version.
- Obsianus Golem: Personal favorite artwork of his own.
- Tropical Island: He insists he photoshopped himself in a trench coat onto the beach for the Alpha version.
- Word of Command: His least favorite and most regretted artwork
- Ironroot Treefolk: The first Magic artwork fully realized. Used it to determine art vs. rules scale.
- Circle of Protection: Black: The first digital artwork in Magic. Quite by necessity, and not by choice.
- Goblin King: Became one of the many faces of Magic.
- To Showcase Horror: Banshee, Colossus of Sardia, Demonic Hordes, Eater of the Dead, Pestilence, The Fallen
- To Showcase Lovecraft: Phantom Monster, Mold Demon, Elder Spawn
- To Showcase Gothic: Demonic Hordes, Elves of Deep Shadow, Sister of the Flame,
- To Showcase Realistic: Wormwood Treefolk, Moss Monster, Sister of the Flame, Thallid
- To Showcase Abstract: any from the Lovecraft, Thorn Thallid
- To Showcase Iconic Cards: Armageddon, Bayou, Tundra, Tropical Island, Atog, Pestilence, Scathe Zombies, Scrubland, Goblin King, Will-O-The-Wisp
Not much is out there about him after The Dark. Not sure when or why he left WotC. There seems like there should be a lot more as he is pretty much the man responsible for bringing Magic's art to life.--Cashew 00:58, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
Circle of Protection: Black[edit source]
I notice a statement about digital art: "... the only digital piece to make it into Alpha was Circle of Protection: Black as a last minute addition." Circle of Protection: Black was not included in Alpha, although I'm pretty sure it was intended to be, since all the other circles of protection were, and since black was added in Beta. Something is wrong here, but I'm not sure what the intent is, so I don't want to edit it. 18.104.22.168 19:17, 30 December 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you, good catch! I actually have no idea. I mean the first artwork looks as it could have been digital. So perhaps they didn't add it in Alpha but in Beta? The video is also gone so no clue what was discussed there. This is something we need to dig a bit deeper it seems. :/ - Yandere Sliver 01:01, 31 December 2017 (UTC)