Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Points of interest[edit source]
- A number of flavor texts in this expansion are quoted from the fictional, multi-volume "Sarpadian Empires."
- The storage land cycle described above probably inspired the creation of the similar storage land cycle from the Mercadian Masques expansion.
- The sac land cycle described above inspired the creation of the more colorful sac land cycles in the Invasion and Odyssey expansions.
- Delif's Cone is the only common card in this expansion with only one artwork associated with it. The name is an anagram of "Don Felice" (with an added "s"), who was a Magic playtester.
- Feral Thallid has the greatest combined power and toughness among green creatures in Fallen Empires.
- Goblin Chirurgeon, as illustrated by Phil Foglio, is constructing a creature from the head of Llanowar Elves, the arm of Uthden Troll, and the body of Cat Warriors.
- Goblin Grenade, as illustrated by Ron Spencer, depicts a goblin holding a spear that has spines arranged to spell the name "Mike," a friend of the artist's. This card was considered for reprinting in the Onslaught expansion but it was far too powerful with the goblins in that expansion.
- Hand of Justice has the greatest combined power and toughness among white creatures in Fallen Empires.
- Homarid Spawning Bed was the only card that produced Camarid creature tokens until the card Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII was printed in Time Spiral.
- Hymn to Tourach inspired the creation of many "discard two" cards, including Stupor, Unburden and Wrench Mind among others.
- Icatian Javelineers was designed without in the cost of its activated ability, but designer Chris Page proved that it was necessary.
- Icatian Town is the first spell to produce creature tokens.
- Mindstab Thrull was called "Mutant Saboteur" when artist Mark Tedin was asked to illustrate it, which explains the very odd creature with a set of lockpicks.
- Order of Leitbur is an inside joke, as describing people of Leitbur as "Leitburites" was designed to sound like LiteBrites.
- Orgg has the greatest combined power and toughness among all creatures in Fallen Empires. It appeared in two television commercials, pitted against Vizzerdrix in one and "Bob from Accounting" in the other. Because of his spot in the commercials he was slated to be added to the Core Set, but he was considered to be too complex, so Trained Orgg was created for it.
- Thrull Champion is the first "Lord" (a creature that improves creatures of one particular type) to also be a creature of that type.
- Thrull Retainer is the first Aura with an activated ability with the cost of self-sacrifice.