Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Description[edit | edit source]
The plateau is covered by plains and home to a race of fabled mesa pegasi. When a woman marries in Sursi, she must visit the mesa. It is said that, if the woman is pure of heart, she and her family will be blessed by a pegasus. The Plains of Sursi lie east of the Erg Mirab. Sursi is divided from Venaria by a large inlet.
Here, in the cold waters of a deep lake, was contained the only portal from Dominaria to Ulgrotha, which was probably destroyed by the disasters that happened on Dominaria. Using the portal required to pass a doorway made of three "menhir stones" when the Mist Moon was full and snow was on the ground. The portal leads to the Koskun Mountains, home to Eron the Relentless.
History[edit | edit source]
On the Plains of Sursi, Serra was attacked by another (disguised) planeswalker, who thought that her wedding ring was some powerful artifact. In her dying moments she sanctified and revitalized the lands surrounding Sursi. Brother Angus took her body and created the Cathedral of Serra near the Sursi village.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Martha Wells (March 21, 2018). "Return to Dominaria, Episode 1". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ethan Fleischer (April 20, 2018). "Dominarian Cartography". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (May 08, 2007). "Sursi Lore". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Homelands (comic)
- The Magic Story Podcast: The Church of Serra
- Ethan Fleischer on Twitter
- James Wyatt (2018), The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Dominaria. VIZ Media.