This page contains trivia information regarding slivers.
The converted mana costs of sliver creature cards range from 1 to 7. There are eight slivers with converted mana cost 1. Groundshaker Sliver is the only sliver with converted mana cost 7.
Color[edit | edit source]
Power and toughness of slivers range from 1/1 to 7/7 and are always printed equal. There is only one sliver with power and toughness 4/4 and only the three legendary slivers have power and toughness 7/7. There is no sliver with power and toughness 6/6.
There are 5 slivers with another subtype; the other subtypes are construct, fungus, illusion, mutant, and spirit.
Metallic Sliver[edit | edit source]
|“||If I had one of each sliver in play, what would the stats of my Metallic Sliver be?||”|
Artifact Creature - Sliver
Absorb 1 (Lymph Sliver), Deathtouch (Venom Sliver), Defender (Dormant Sliver), Double strike (Bonescythe Sliver, Fury Sliver), First strike (Spitting Sliver, Striking Sliver, Talon Sliver), Flanking (Sidewinder Sliver), Flash (Quick Sliver), Flying (Galerider Sliver, Pulmonic Sliver, Winged Sliver), Frenzy 1 (Frenzy Sliver), Haste (Blur Sliver, Firewake Sliver, Heart Sliver, Reflex Sliver), Indestructible (Sliver Hivelord), Lifelink (Syphon Sliver), Menace (Belligerent Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver), Poisonous 1 (Virulent Sliver), Provoke (Hunter Sliver), Reach (Spinneret Sliver), Shadow (Shadow Sliver), Shroud (Crystalline Sliver), Slivercycling (Homing Sliver), Trample (Battering Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Horned Sliver), Vigilance (Sentinel Sliver, Synchronous Sliver)
+0/+1 (Plated Sliver, Steelform Sliver)
At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature deals 1 damage to you. (Plague Sliver)
: If this creature is on the battlefield, flip a coin. If you win the flip, exile this creature and return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step. If you lose the flip, sacrifice it. (Frenetic Sliver)
: Regenerate target Sliver. (Crypt Sliver)
Whenever this creature attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player. (Thorncaster Sliver)
Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool. (Basal Sliver)
Alternate Printings[edit | edit source]
The following cards have received additional printings featuring alternate art:
- Bonescythe Sliver was made available with alternate art by Brad Rigney as a promo-card for the Xbox version of Magic 2014 / Duels of the Planeswalkers
- Megantic Sliver was made available with alternate art by Lucas Graciano as the prerelease promo for Magic 2014
- Hive Stirrings was made available with alternate art by Johann Bodin as a launch promo for Magic 2014
Sixteen cards originally printed in the old card frame were reprinted in Premium Deck Series: Slivers featuring the new card frame and a foil finish: Acidic Sliver, Armor Sliver, Barbed Sliver, Brood Sliver, Clot Sliver, Crystalline Sliver, Heart Sliver, Hibernation Sliver, Metallic Sliver, Muscle Sliver, Quick Sliver, Sliver Overlord, Spectral Sliver, Spined Sliver, Victual Sliver, Winged Sliver. In addition to being printed in the new card frame for the first time, it is notable that many of these cards had not been available in a foil finish before.
Sliver Tokens[edit | edit source]
Three different versions of the 1/1 colorless Sliver creature token have been printed:
- Magic Player Rewards token with art by Tony Szczudlo
- Magic 2014 token with art by Igor Kieryluk
- League token with art by Vincent Proce
1/1 colorless Sliver creature tokens are produced by:
1/1 colorless artifact Sliver creature tokens named Metallic Sliver are produced by:
On Non-Sliver Cards[edit | edit source]
Slivers are referred to either visually or textually on these non-sliver cards:
- Change of Heart
- Crossbow Ambush
- Disenchant (Tempest)
- Dreamcatcher 
- Gallantry (Tempest)
- Hive Stirrings
- Riptide Replicator
- Riptide Survivor
- Sliver Hive
- Sphere of Resistance
- Uncontrolled Infestation
- Vedalken Æthermage
- Warped Researcher
The Sliver Queen[edit | edit source]
The Sliver Queen was the first ever tournament legal card with mana cost WUBRG.
The Sliver Queen has been depicted on two Vanguard cards:
- Sliver Queen, Brood Mother, printed in 1998 for Vanguard Series 3
- Sliver Queen, made specifically for MTGO in 2009, available only digitally
References[edit | edit source]
- Devin Low. (November 9, 2006.) “Ask Wizards”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (July 20, 2007.) “Ask Wizards”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (May 26, 2005.) “Dreams of Rath”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana#Card of the Day. (April 23, 2003.) “Card of the Day - April, 2003”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.