|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
Ship is an atypical, and now obsolete, blue creature type used for cards picturing ships and zeppelins. Pirate Ship established Ship as a creature type all the way back in Alpha, though it would be quite a while before the odd line “Creature — Ship” actually appeared on Talas Air Ship.
In the Grand Creature Type Update the subtype Ship was eliminated, mostly replaced by the race of the shipscrew.
- Pirate Ship from Alpha changed to Human Pirate.
- Merchant Ship from Arabian Nights changed to Human.
- Ghost Ship from The Dark changed to Spirit.
- Reef Pirates from Homelands changed to Zombie Pirate.
- Talas Air Ship from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Steam Frigate from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Armored Galleon from Portal Second Age changed to Human Pirate.
- Wu Warship from Portal Three Kingdoms changed into Human Soldier.
- Red Cliffs Armada from Portal Three Kingdoms changed into Human Soldier.
- Saprazzan Outrigger from Mercadian Masques changed into Merfolk.
- Battle Squadron from Mercadian Masques, the only red Ship, changed to Goblin.
- Stronghold Zeppelin from Nemesis, changed to Human.
- Windscouter from Prophecy, changed to Human Scout.
- Metathran Transport from Invasion, changed to Metathran.
- Metathran Aerostat from Invasion, changed to Metathran.
- Living Airship from Apocalypse, changed to Metathran (but could have been a Plant).
Never been ship-type
- Skeleton Ship from Ice Age never was a Ship, it changed from Legend to Skeleton.
- Rishadan Airship from Mercadian Masques never was a Ship, it changed from Pirate to Human Pirate.
Exception to the rule
Because non-creature artifacts never have creature types these Ships never were named as such in the type line:
- Predator, Flagship from Nemesis
- Skyship Weatherlight from Apocalypse
- Skysovereign, Consul Flagship from Kaladesh (and other vehicles).