Shawn Main was the runner up of The Great Designer Search 2 in 2010. From April 2011 to February 2012 he worked as an intern in R&D with the Magic digital group at Wizards of the Coast. Afterwards he became a fulltime regular designer. In March 2015 he became a Senior Game Designer, but two years later he left the company for a job at Riot Games.
- Gatecrash (contribution of Battalion and Extort mechanics)
- Dragon's Maze
- Modern Masters
- Magic 2014
- Conspiracy (lead)
- Magic 2015
- Khans of Tarkir
- Magic Origins (lead)
- Eldritch Moon
- Conspiracy: Take the Crown (lead)
- Kaladesh (co-lead)
- Hour of Devastation (lead)
- Rivals of Ixalan
- Battlebond (lead)
- Mark Rosewater (March 09, 2011). "Announcing the Winner of the GDS2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (February 29, 2012). "How many of the GDS1 & 2 contestants are still working at Wizards?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (October 17, 2017). "When did Shawn Main leave Wizards?". Blogatog. Tumblr.