Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
(Redirected from Sea Gate)
Notable locations[edit | edit source]
- Emeria, the Sky Ruin, a large plain of floating land and hedrons. Merfolk believe it was once the home of Emeria, the goddess of the sky. When the sky-castle was destroyed in a cataclysmic upheaval, the enchantment that protected it wasn't completely dispelled, and the shattered remnants remained in the heavens.
- Halimar, a deep artificial inland sea. Surrounded on three sides by rocky cliffs, the fourth side is enclosed by an ancient wall. The seawall is more than 500 feet tall. No one knows when the seawall was built, but they believe that Halimar must be an old sea because it is home to many species of brightly colored fish, tusked seals, and massive leviathans that dwell in the depths. The sea itself is viewed as the safest way to get from the Sea Gate to the mouth of the Umara River Gorge, and there is a substantial maritime trade and traffic.
- The Halimar Sea Caves, both the breeding ground of giant squids and the dumping ground of hardened criminals.
- Built on the flat space at the top of the sea wall, the city of Sea Gate was the largest settlement of Tazeem.
- A white-stone cylindrical tower known as the Lighthouse, soared an additional 350 feet into the air. It was the center of all learning in Tazeem.
- Sky Rock, a huge hedron floating in the air near Sea Gate. A safe haven for refugees from the Eldrazi.
- Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, a gigantic, twisted, ever-expanding twisted reef-rock forest, occupying most of the interior of Tazeem.
- The Umara River, a great rushing river. From its source at Halimar Sea to the northern edge of continent, the Umara runs through the deep Umara River Gorge that bisects the continent. It drops over 800 feet over a series of waterfalls, most famously the Magosi Waterfall.
- Built on a large island in the middle of the Umara River, the Merfolk Enclave is a hive-like structure consisting of bathing halls, corridors, and sleeping chambers. It is the largest merfolk settlement on Zendikar.
- Coralhelm, a floating landmass protected by a large gorge on all sides.
Rise of the Eldrazi[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Kimberly J. Kreines (September 9, 2015). "The Survivors of Sky Rock". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Levitch, Doug Beyer, Kelly Digges, and Kimberly J. Kreines (February 24, 2016). "Zendikar Resurgent". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Levitch (July 15, 2015). "Limits". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Chas Andres (December 29, 2015). "Ruins of Oran-Rief". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Ari Levitch, Doug Beyer, Kelly Digges and Kimberly J. Kreines (February 24, 2016). "Zendikar Resurgent". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Magic Creative Team (December 02, 2009). "A Planeswalker's Guide to Zendikar: Tazeem and Merfolk". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer (September 02, 2009). "The Planes of Planechase". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.