|Status||Inactive: Alpha to Magic 2011|
|Style||Bold colors, strong lines|
|Education/ Training||Self taught|
Ron Spencer is one of the original twenty-five Magic: The Gathering artists; Mark Tedin, Rob Alexander and himself were the only remaining original artists still active as of Magic 2011. His artwork has no particular style, but his strong colors and eclectic style are easily recognized and bear a striking resemblance to the art of HR Giger. He is known for hiding names into his artwork and doing commissioned altered cards. He has done artwork for numerous companies including Wizards of the Coast, White Wolf, FASA, Pinnacle Entertainment, AEG, Iron Crown, Dragon Gate, Holistic Design, TSR Games, Privateer Press, and Toy Vault - outside of Magic he has done extensive work for the World of Warcraft TCG. Ron is almost entirely self-taught, although he did get some training from a two-year college in Idaho.
Spencer remains an extremely popular artist despite a waning art volume and withdrawal from many of his online presences after the death of his wife Stacie. Ron continues to live in Aurora, Nebraska and has five children. His sister is fellow Magic artist Terese Nielsen. They have collaborated on the cycle of Reflection cards in Shadowmoor.
- Ron Spencer. "Ron Spencer". Pen & Paper. Retrieved on 2010-08-31.
- Iain Telfer (July 14, 2003). "An Interview With Ron Spencer". StarCityGames.
- Guest Artist - Ron Spencer. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2010-08-31.
- Obituaries: Stacie Spencer. The Grand Island Independent (2009-12-03). Retrieved on 2010-08-31.
- Mark Rosewater (November 18, 2003). "You Make The Card 2 Wrapup". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.