Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Rogue is a creature class. Although the Grand Creature Type Update retroactively installed Rogues into sets as far back as Arabian Nights, the first printed Rogues didn't show up until the adoption of the race/class model in Mirrodin in 2003. Neurok Spy and Moriok Scavenger represented the creative team's decision that Magic needed a type that would unify all bandits, vandals, and spies. 
Description[edit | edit source]
Rogues are those who live by their wits, using stealth and cunning to make their way in life. Many rogues are notoriously tricky and amoral, as their clever minds and silver tongues give them an advantage over most others; a good rogue can steal the clothes right off an unwitting target's back. Many rogues are skilled with daggers, rapiers, and other light weapons.
Most rogues are blue or black, though rogues span all five colors. In the Grand Creature Type Update the subtypes Ali Baba (Ali Baba), Robber (Grave Robbers), Spy (Stromgald Spy) and Thief (Ingenious Thief) were incorporated into the Rogue class. 
The prowl ability is associated exclusively with rogues.
Notable Rogues[edit | edit source]
- Eron the Relentless
- Gwafa Hazid
- Gwendlyn Di Corci
- Starke of Rath
- Sygg of Shadowmoor
- Thada Adel, Acquisitor
- Veldrane of Sengir
Prowl[edit | edit source]
Tribal type[edit | edit source]
- Knowledge Exploitation
- Morsel Theft
- Noggin Whack
- Notorious Throng
- Thieves' Fortune
- Cloak and Dagger - Rather than prowl, this equipment can be freely equipped to rogues entering the battlefield.
Tokens[edit | edit source]
|Faerie Rogue||Blue/Black||Creature — Faerie Rogue||1/1||Flying|
|Black||Creature — Faerie Rogue||1/1||Flying|
|Goblin Rogue||Black||Creature — Goblin Rogue||1/1|
|Rogue||Black||Creature — Rogue||2/2||Menace|
References[edit | edit source]
- Doug Beyer. (February 27, 2008.) “Roguish Charm”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana. (February 25, 2008.) “Who's That Rogue?”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (January 07, 2008.) “But Wait, There's More”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Devin Low. (January 18, 2008.) “Stealing the Edge”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.