|Last Used||Ravnica Allegiance|
|Reminder Text||Riot (This creature enters the battlefield with your choice of a +1/+1 counter or haste.)|
11 cards |
36% 36% 27%
Riot is a keyword ability, which allows you to choose between gaining a +1/+1 counter or haste when a creature enters the battlefield. It was introduced in Ravnica Allegiance for the Gruul Clans of Ravnica.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Riot is a replacement effect. Players can't respond to your choice of +1/+1 counter or haste, and they can't take actions while the creature is on the battlefield without one or the other.
- If a creature entering the battlefield has riot but can't have a +1/+1 counter put onto it, it gains haste.
- If you choose for the creature to gain haste, it gains haste indefinitely. It won't lose it as the turn ends or as another player gains control of it.
- If a creature enters the battlefield with two instances of riot, you may choose to have it get two +1/+1 counters, one +1/+1 counter and haste, or two instances of haste. Multiple instances of haste on the same creature are redundant, but we're not going to tell the Gruul how to live their lives.
Example[edit | edit source]
Cards that grant riot[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Tabak. (December 17, 2018.) "Ravnica Allegiance Mechanics", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Gavin Verhey. (January 3, 2019.) "Starting a Riot", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (January 7, 2019.) "Building Allegiances, Part 2", magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.