|Last Used||Commander 2018|
|Reminder Text||Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card as an additional cost to cast it.)|
17% 17% 17% 8% 8%
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- Playing a card by using its retrace ability works just like playing any other card, with two exceptions: You're playing the card from your graveyard rather than your hand, and you must discard a land card in addition to any other costs.
- A retrace card played from your graveyard follows the normal timing rules for its card type.
- To play a retrace card from your graveyard, you must pay its mana cost as well as discard a land card.
- When a retrace card you play from your graveyard resolves or is countered, it's put back into your graveyard. You may use the retrace ability to play it again.
- If the active player plays a spell that has retrace, that player may play that card again after it resolves, before another player can remove the card from the graveyard. The active player has priority after the spell resolves, so he or she can immediately play a new spell. Since playing a card with retrace from the graveyard moves that card onto the stack, no one else would have the chance to affect it while it's still in the graveyard.
Example[edit | edit source]