Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Use||Quests, Ascensions, Expeditions|
Cycles[edit | edit source]
Zendikar[edit | edit source]
The "ascension" cycle flavorfully represents an adventurer's quest to find their true calling. These cards gain quest counters from triggered abilities, and have a second set of abilities that become active or usable once a threshold is reached.
The "quest" cycle was originally concepted as maps, and portray the search for treasure in Zendikar's wilderness. Mechanically, the quest cycle is similar to the ascension cycle, except that the eventual activation requires that the enchantment be sacrificed.
Worldwake[edit | edit source]
Worldwake revisited the theme with another cycle of quests:
- Quest for Ula's Temple ()
- Quest for the Nihil Stone ()
- Quest for the Goblin Lord ()
- Quest for Renewal ()
References[edit | edit source]
- Noel deCordova (October 15, 2009). "Ascension Pending". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (September 14, 2009). "Achieving Zendikar, Part II". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Kelly Digges (September 22, 2009). "Are You the Beastmaster?". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Tom LaPille (September 18, 2009). "This Land Is Your Land". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.