We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Player of the Year
Player of the Year Winners[edit | edit source]
|Past Player of the Year Winners|
|1999–00||Bob Maher, Jr.|
|2016–17||Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa|
|* Watanabe won the Magic Players Championship|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kai Budde is the player who has won the most Player of the Year titles, with four.
- Kai Budde and Yuuya Watanabe are also the only players to have won Worlds/Players Championship and Player of the Year in the same year.
- Watanabe's record is a bit different from that of Budde's. The 2012 season was the only year during which the Player of the Year was not decided by Pro Points; instead, the winner of the 2012 Players Championship was considered the Player of the Year. However, Yuuya was also the one with the most Pro Points for the 2011–12 season, so he would have been the 2012 Player of the Year even with the old system.
- No player has won Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year in the same year.
- In 2010, Brad Nelson and Guillaume Matignon tied in the Player of the Year race, forcing a playoff at the next Pro Tour, where Brad Nelson won.