Player of the Year
From MTG Wiki
Player of the Year Winners[edit | edit source]
|Past Player of the Year Winners|
|1999–00||Bob Maher, Jr.|
|2016–17||Paulo Vitor Damo da Rosa|
|* Watanabe won the Magic Players Championship|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kai Budde is the player who has won the most Player of the Year titles, with four.
- Kai Budde and Yuuya Watanabe are also the only players to have won World Championships/Players Championship and Player of the Year in the same year.
- Watanabe's record is a bit different from that of Budde's. The 2012 season was the only year during which the Player of the Year was not decided by Pro Points; instead, the winner of the 2012 Players Championship was considered the Player of the Year. However, Yuuya was also the one with the most Pro Points for the 2011–12 season, so he would have been the 2012 Player of the Year even with the old system.
- No player has won Rookie of the Year and Player of the Year in the same year.
- Both the 2010 season and 2017–18 season ended with two players finishing joint first in the Player of the Year race, forcing a playoff in the following season to determine the title.
References[edit | edit source]