|(Subtype for creature/tribal cards)|
100%as of Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths
The first printed was Phelddagrif from Alliances, the second was Questing Phelddagrif from Planeshift. Both are very similar to each other, being 4/4 creatures for with three activated abilities that cost one of each of its color of mana and grant the opponent a boon. The green ability gives the opponent a 1/1 green Hippo, the white ability gains the opponent 2 life, and the blue ability draws the opponent a card.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Both Phelddagrifs can create 1/1 green Hippo tokens, the Hippo token of that size, and the only Hippo token at all until Amonkhet's Mouth // Feed.
- Phelddagrif is an anagram for "Garfield PhD", referring to the Richard Garfield, Ph.D., the creator of Magic.
- As a "vanity card" Pheldagriffs are now out of bounds.
- The flavor text from Seedtime (Judgment) mentions hippos growing wings.
References[edit | edit source]
- Doug Beyer (August 10, 2011). "Magic's Exclusive Creatures". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (December 28, 2017). "Can I have some trivia on my favourite creature type Phelddagrif?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater (March 02, 2012). "Are you planning on coming out with any more phelddagrifs.?". Blogatog. Tumblr.