Description[edit | edit source]
Cards with outside assistance require you to find a person not playing in your current game and ask them to do something, usually making a choice or choices about something that will impact your game.
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- A "person outside the game" is every person everywhere except the people who are currently in your game.
- Players who started in your game but are currently out of it are also outside the game
- It doesn't have to be who plays or knows Magic.
- If there's no one else around, you may use your phone if you need to. Texting and calling are allowed, although, if you need the person outside the game to perform a physical action (such as high-fiving, becoming your teammate, that kind of thing), you may be out of luck.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (February 25, 2020). "Unsanctioned FAQ". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 22, 2017). "Unstable FAQAWASLFAQPAFTIDAWABIAJTBT". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (November 20, 2017). "The Un-Ending Saga, Part 3". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.