Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Sometimes called the Cathedral Opulent or the Church of Deals, Orzhova is a lavish cathedral with spiky spires, soaring ceilings, designed to make anyone who enters it feel insignificant and out-of-scale by comparison. Overblown stained glass windows and oversized marble statues depict an array of wealthy bishops, enforcer angels, and ghosts. "Gray sisters", robed nuns, handle all the menial chores in the cathedral.
Below the church lies a bejeweled catacomb that preserves the mummified bodies of the Ghost Council. It was constructed millennia ago, and ancient protection magic lines the walls. This magic is old enough that the laws of the Guildpact do not impact what happens inside.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- James Wyatt and Jeremy Crawford (November 2018). "D&D Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica", Wizards of the Coast.
- Greg Weisman (May 15, 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica – The Path to Opulent". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- The Magic Creative Team (December 12, 2012). "Planeswalker's Guide to Gatecrash: Part 2". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Django Wexler (July 3, 2019), The Gathering Storm, Chapter Five.
- Alison Luhrs (November 11, 2015). "Family Values". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt (January 2019). "The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica". Wizards of the Coast
- Django Wexler (June, 2019), The Gathering Storm/Chapter Two.