Old School is a casual constructed Magic: The Gathering format using an older or limited card pool, or older rule sets. There are many different variations, often with different rules set regionally by a play group or a local tournament organizer.
Old School 93-94[edit | edit source]
Legal sets[edit | edit source]
- Arabian Nights
- The Dark
- Fallen Empires (note that not all old school events use Fallen Empires.)
- 1994 Book Promos (Arena and Sewers of Estark)
Reprints of cards from legal sets are allowed if their art matches the art from a version of the card in one of the legal sets listed above and as long as they use the original Magic card frame. Collectors' Edition and other gold-bordered cards aren’t allowed, and neither are foils.
Old School 95[edit | edit source]
Old School 95 encapsulates all of the sets printed through the end of 1995, including Ice Age.
Old School 96[edit | edit source]
Classic Magic[edit | edit source]
Premodern[edit | edit source]
Middle School[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Old School Magic @Eternal Central
- Eric Levine (April 28, 2016), "New Format: Old School". ChannelFireball.com
- Jeremy Dezani (June 12, 2018), "The 'Old School' Format. Hareruyamtg.com
- Ban/Restiction. Old School Mtg: The Blag.
- Joe Dyer (February 27, 2019) "Kicking it like a Middle-Schooler", MTGGoldfish.