In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Description[edit | edit source]
A paranormal realm associated with dreams and the subconscious, it is a literal and proverbial night sky where the gods dwell. Nyx is so closely tied to the plane's deities that, whenever they manifest, where they should be shadowed they instead display the glorious starlight of the night sky. Dreams are seen as gifts from the gods, and so are enchantments, due to their connection with this realm; whenever mortals sleep, they are said to be "visiting Nyx". Tales of the gods can be seen played out in the constellations.
Besides the Gods, Nymphs are also formed/dwell in Nyx, as do some Archons and celestial versions of earthly creatures like Elks and Crabs. All dwellers of Nyx are living enchantments, formed from the collective subconscious and by the divine will of the gods. Creatures born in Nyx are referred as Nyxborn, and their numbers have increased in recent years, as the boundaries between the night sky and the living world decreased.
Locations within Nyx[edit | edit source]
There are several distinct locations within Nyx.
- Mount Hiastos: a drifting mountain. Abode to Heliod, Purphoros and Keranos.
- Mystic Sea: Abode to Thassa and Ephara.
- Tovian Fields: Home of Mogis, Iroas and their nyxborn armies. Kruphix resides at the edges and prevents the conflict from consuming the rest of Nyx.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
About the Nyxborn:
References[edit | edit source]
- The Magic Creative Team (August 21, 3013). "Planeswalker's Guide to Theros". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- PAX video
- The Magic Creative Team (January 08, 2014). "Planeswalker's Guide to Born of the Gods". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Wizards RPG Team (2020), D&D Mythic Odysseys of Theros, Wizards of the Coast