|Introduced||Betrayers of Kamigawa|
|Last Used||Commander 2018|
Ninjutsu [cost] (Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.) |
Commander ninjutsu [cost] (Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand or the command zone tapped and attacking.)
50% 40% 10%
Description[edit | edit source]
Ninjutsu represents the stealth of the Ninjas by allowing a creature that is attacking and unblocked to be exchanged with a Ninja in the controlling player's hand, such that the Ninja is attacking and unblocked instead of the original creature, which is returned to the controller's hand. With the release of Worldwake and the card Amulet of Vigor, one can put a ninja into play tapped and attacking, but have that creature untap as soon as it enters play.
Commander ninjutsu[edit | edit source]
Commander ninjutsu is a variant of ninjutsu which allows the Ninja to be in your command zone or your hand.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rulings[edit | edit source]
- The ninjutsu ability can be activated during the declare blockers, combat damage, or end of combat steps if you have an unblocked attacking creature.
- Activating the ninjutsu ability during the declare blockers step allows the Ninja to deal combat damage. Using ninjutsu during the combat damage or end of combat steps will mean the unblocked attacking creature is dealing combat damage.
- The Ninja will be attacking the same player or planeswalker the original attacking creature was attacking. This is a rule specific to ninjutsu; in other cases, the controller of a creature put onto the battlefield attacking chooses which player or planeswalker it attacks.
- Although the Ninja is attacking, it was never declared as an attacking creature (for purposes of abilities that trigger whenever a creature attacks, for example).
- The Ninja should be revealed while announcing the ability, but it doesn't leave your hand until the ability resolves.
Examples[edit | edit source]