We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The Multiverse is the near-infinite number of different planes. Nobody really knows how many planes there truly are. Urza for one believed that there is a finite number of planes, merely more than can ever be counted in the combined lifetime of every being in existence. However another source notes that the multiverse is "boundless".[notes 1]
Dominia[edit | edit source]
Nexus of the Multiverse[edit | edit source]
The Nexus of the Multiverse is a plane (or a place [notes 2]) in the center of the multiverse with a great influence on all other planes. The world of Dominaria is known to be the Nexus, but since the plane has only been in existence for a finite amount of time, and in fact, older planes are known (such as Equilor), this was probably not always the case. Due to the changing nature of the multiverse, one day another plane may replace it.
Being a Nexus is probably connected with the large amount of mana lines flowing into it from other planes. That lets it to quickly regenerate its supplies of mana[notes 3] and most likely is a way of how it affects other planes. Its collapse can cause the destruction of the time stream — an abrupt end of the multiverse's existence and the near-infinite amount of its planes.
Database[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- "Dominia and Its Walkers", by Richard Garfield
- Brady Dommermuth. (March 19, 2008.) “The Known Mutliverse”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Technically this is not a contradiction. As an analogy, Earth's surface does not have any bounds, but it is still finite.
- Thus far, Magic storyline has yet to provide an answer to the question to whether Dominaria would lose this function if it shifted off from the center of the multiverse.
- It can be crucial for a plane which is a focus point of many planeswalkers' interests and their destructive influences.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast. (July 25, 2008.) “You Are a Planeswalker”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (July 27, 2014.) "Does the multiverse still have the proper name Dominia?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 7, 2016.) “A Few More Words from R&D”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (November 7, 2016.) "What's up with the changing of "Multiverse" to "Drake"?", Blogatog, Tumblr.