Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Extended Necropotence deck
The Necropotence deck was a Standard deck popular in 1996. With a Dark Ritual, a first turn Necropotence was possible and the Necro's card advantage won games. It began what was known as the "Black Summer". Ultimately Necro was banned a few years later.
The famous Necropotence Deck was a rather aggressive black-based deck using Lake of the Dead to pump out spells with big and heavily black mana requirements early and also activate the identical Pump-Knights Order of the Ebon Hand and Knights of Stromgald. The card Necropotence would give massive card advantage including drawing more swamps to feed into the Lake. Drain Life would also be powered by the Lake and both replenish life lost to Necropotence as well as deal more damage to the opponent, eventually finishing him off.
References[edit | edit source]
- Magic Arcana (August 09, 2004). "Necro's Earliest Days". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Randy Buehler (December 06, 2002). "The Power of the Skulls". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Magic Arcana (November 11, 2008). "Necro's Got Legs!". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mike Flores (May 12, 2014). "Necropotence". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mike Flores (February 07, 2008). "Top 10 Extended Decks of All Time". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.