Mythic Invitational 2020
|Mythic Invitational 2020|
|Date||August 28-30, 2020|
Description[edit | edit source]
The partial 2020 Players Tour Season was supposed to feature two Mythic Invitationals: Mythic Invitational – Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths on May 14–17, 2020, and Mythic Invitational – Core 2021 on July 23–26, 2020. Both of these events were canceled due to the necessary Coronavirus pandemic rescheduling, and replaced by a single event in August. At the same time the Mythic Invitational – Zendikar Rising planned for the 2020–21 Players Tour Season was cancelled. The price pool was reduced from 3 x $750,000 to $250,000.
Contestants[edit | edit source]
- All MPL and Rivals League members
- All players who earned qualification for the cancelled May Mythic Invitational (Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths)
- Discretionary invitations as determined by Wizards of the Coast
- All players who were qualifying for the cancelled October Mythic Invitational (Zendikar Rising)
- 10-win competitors from May and June 2020 Mythic Qualifiers, followed by:
- Competitors invited to the Magic Rivals League based on total Mythic Points earned for the partial 2020 Players Tour Season
- The next Top 8 Mythic Point leaderboard competitors
Format[edit | edit source]
The Mythic Invitational will use the following structure:
All players with 12 or more match points after day 1 will advance to day 2
- Day 2: 7 Rounds of Historic Constructed
- Top 8: Historic Constructed
The Top 16 players will qualify for the 2020 Season Grand Finals.
Play[edit | edit source]
Day One[edit | edit source]
Day Two[edit | edit source]
Day Three[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast (May 20, 2020). "What's Next For the Magic Esports 2020 Partial Season". Magic.gg.
- Wizards of the Coast (April 1, 2020). "Esports Update: MPL, Rivals, and Competitor 2020 Partial Season Changes". Magic.gg.