Mythic Championship Qualifier
A Mythic Championship Qualifier (MCQ) is a one-day Magic: The Gathering tournament. Performing well at a Mythic Championship Qualifier could earn a player an invitation to an upcoming Mythic Championship, one of the highest tiers of professional play in Magic. The MCQ was created in 2019 to replace the Pro Tour Qualifier.
At WPN Stores and independent tournaments[edit | edit source]
Mythic Championship Qualifiers may be run by a WPN member store or an independent tournament organizer (TO). There will be about 150 WPN or TO-run events scheduled globally for each Mythic Championship. For the first qualification season, players will need to achieve a threshold of 200 Planeswalker Points. Wizards of the Coast will continue to evaluate and evolve the system and play thresholds for future qualification periods to ensure a strong, sustainable, and easy-to-understand system that appeals to all fans and players.
At Magic Online[edit | edit source]
- The winner of each Magic Online Mythic Championship Qualifier Finals;
- Each player who qualifies for the next Magic Online Championship, including the winner of each MOCS Playoff, the winner of each MOCS Open, the winner of each Format Championship, and MOCS Leaderboard invitees;
- The runner up of each MOCS Playoff.
At MTG Arena[edit | edit source]
At MagicFests[edit | edit source]
Last Chance Qualifiers[edit | edit source]
Promos[edit | edit source]
Promos given to all participants in a MCQ:
- Pro Tour 2019 — Arcbound Ravager
References[edit | edit source]
- Wizards of the Coast (February 20, 2019). "How to Become The Next Magic Champion: Qualifying for Mythic Championships and Worlds". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.