|First seen||Future Sight|
|Last seen||Planechase Anthology|
Muraganda is a plane that first appeared on the futureshifted cards Imperiosaur (flavor text) and Muraganda Petroglyphs. It is also featured as a plane in Planechase (2009), on the plane card Feeding Grounds. 
Muraganda seemingly provides a primordial setting with dinosaurs. Although Ixalan also has these creatures, it isn't a replacement for Muraganda. Unlike Ixalan, Muraganda is considered to be a "prehistoric" plane.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Fang druids live in the valleys, and mages study ancient petroglyphs in the mountains. Saurid warriors live in the south, and elves live in the tropics. Another notable group of inhabitants are the scarwitches.
Little is known about the bizarre entity called the Mimeoplasm, which absorbs the traits of anything it engulfs. The saurid warriors seek it out wherever it roams, believing it to be the key to a mysterious afterlife and hoping to see in it traces of their fallen loved ones. The elves believe it to be part of nature's cycle, a way to channel death back into life. The scarwitches hiss when it approaches, seeing it as the ultimate enemy of the world. Whether it's a natural process or a malevolent force, the Mimeoplasm never fails to command respect. 
Notable locations[edit | edit source]
- The Feeding Grounds, a wooded location where the reptilian beasts are being lured by regularly providing them with food.
References[edit | edit source]
- Doug Beyer. (September 02, 2009.) “The Planes of Planechase”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater. (September 10, 2017.) "Did the plane of Muraganda "become" Ixalan?", Blogatog, Tumblr.
- Mark Rosewater. (October 16, 2017.) “Odds & Ends: Ixalan, Part 2”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Doug Beyer. (June 22, 2011.) “Fifteen Commanders, Fifteen Tales”, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.