Mons Johnson is a developer for Wizards of the Coast with a special love for goblins. He has known Richard Garfield since the late 70s, and has his name immortalized on the Alpha card Mons's Goblin Raiders (and by extension, its later Unhinged parody, Mons's Goblin Waiters).
Johnson was an Alpha playtester, and in 1995, he joined Wizards of the Coast at Richard's behest. A few years later, he resigned from his position there as games librarian, and in 2003, he qualified for Pro Tour Venice. Shortly thereafter, he returned to Wizards as a developer, earning his first development credit for Saviors of Kamigawa.
Johnson has also contributed to other Wizards games, including Duel Masters and D&D Miniatures. Prior to joining Wizards, he spent ten years in the United States military, including lengthy assignments in Germany and Korea.
Developing[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Mark Rosewater (October 07, 2002). "Mons Made Me Do It". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Melissa DeTora (June 30, 2015). "Mons Johnson's Goblin Raider Circus". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (April 20, 2017). "Could I get some trivia on my favorite creature type, Goblins!". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- Aaron Forsythe (May 06, 2005). "Future, Present, Past". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Randy Buehler. "Mons Johnson", Archive, magicthegathering.com, Wizards of the Coast.
- Devin Low (August 01, 2008). "Seven Developers, Seven Styles". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.