Monger is a creature type unique to Mercadian Masques. The five creatures of the cycle are depicted as strange-looking dealers in commodities. Each of these uncommon 3/3 creatures has a cost of and one colored mana, and has activated abilities costing that any player (not just the controller) can play.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Monger is a creature type that isn't supported anymore. It was used to unify a group of creatures, but the type has not been added to creatures thereafter.
- Four of the cards gained additional subtypes in the Grand Creature Type Update: respectively Unicorn, Human, Boar and Minotaur.
- The art of Squallmonger is such that no known creature type would fit.
- Spiritmonger is not a Monger, but a Beast.
- Warmonger is unrelated to the Warmonger's Chariot.
References[edit | edit source]
- Doug Beyer. (July 7, 2013.) "Why doesn't Elvish Mystic have the Mystic creature type?", A Voice for Vorthos, Tumblr.