Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Modern Event Deck
|Modern Event Deck|
|Symbol description||three-pronged figure|
|Art direction||Jeremy Jarvis|
|Release date||May 30, 2014|
|Set size||75 cards|
|Magic: The Gathering chronology|
Set details[edit | edit source]
The preconstructed theme deck was similar to the event decks that had been released for specific sets except this was not set-specific and contained rare, high-powered cards for Modern rather than for Standard.
Description[edit | edit source]
Leaders like Elspeth, Knight-Errant generate an army of token creatures, while spells like Intangible Virtue and Honor of the Pure inspire them to victory. White removal cards along with black disruptions keep your opponent off balance until you can strike the killing blow.
Follow up[edit | edit source]
Decklist[edit | edit source]
Other spells (30)
The rares in this deck are Caves of Koilos (4), City of Brass (2), Isolated Chapel (4), Vault of the Archangel, Windbrisk Heights (4), Elspeth, Knight-Errant (mythic), Honor of the Pure (3), Sword of Feast and Famine (mythic) and Kataki, War's Wage (3).
Tokens[edit | edit source]
The deck contains the following double-sided tokens:
- 2x 1/1 Spirit creature with flying / 1/1 Soldier creature
- 2x 1/1 Spirit creature with flying / 1/1 Myr artifact creature
- 1x Emblem for Elspeth, Knight Errant / 1/1 Soldier creature
References[edit | edit source]
- Product information
- Wizards of the Coast (January 09, 2014). "Announcing Modern Event Deck". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mike McArtor (May 13, 2014). "Decklist for Modern Event Deck". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Mark Rosewater (July 12, 2017). "How likely is a new modern event deck printing?". Blogatog. Tumblr.
- AbsoluteMTG. (May 30, 2014). "Modern Event Deck: 'March of the Multitudes' Unboxing!" at timecode 8:50.