Mazirek's ambition, and the encouragement by his friend Vraska, brought the long-maligned Kraul to the fore as a force to be reckoned with in the Swarm. His arcane clicks and buzzing could summon crippling necromantic magic, and the mere presence of death seemed to fortify him. He drew power from the demise of his enemies and channeled it to his followers. He raised the Erstwhile, and helped Vraska to overthrow the reign of Jarad vod Savo.
Story appearances[edit | edit source]
|Title||Author||Publishing date||Set||Setting (plane)||Featuring|
|Death's Precious Moments||Nicky Drayden||2018-11-07||Guilds of Ravnica||Ravnica||Golgari Swarm, Vraska, Mazirek|
|The Gathering Storm: Chapter Two||Django Wexler||2019-06-12||Guilds of Ravnica / Ravnica Allegiance||Ravnica||Kaya, Vraska, Jarad vod Savo, Mazirek, Storrev, Teysa Karlov, Tomik Vrona, Xeddick|
|The Gathering Storm: Chapter Nine||Django Wexler||2019-08-07||Guilds of Ravnica / Ravnica Allegiance||Ravnica||Ral Zarek, Tomik Vrona, Hekara, Lavinia, Kaya, Teysa Karlov, Nicol Bolas, Mazirek, Vraska, Storrev|
|The Gathering Storm: Chapter Fourteen||Django Wexler||2019-09-11||Guilds of Ravnica / Ravnica Allegiance||Ravnica||Vraska, Mazirek, Xeddick, Ral Zarek, Kaya, Aurelia|
|The Gathering Storm: Chapter Sixteen||Django Wexler||2019-09-25||Guilds of Ravnica / Ravnica Allegiance||Ravnica, Unknown plane||Ral Zarek, Tomik Vrona, Nicol Bolas, Vraska, Mazirek, Storrev|
In-game references[edit | edit source]
Quoted or referred to:
References[edit | edit source]
- Django Wexler (September 11, 2019), The Gathering Storm, Chapter Fourteen.
- Alison Luhrs (May 31, 2017). "Pride of the Kraul". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- James Wyatt (January 2019). "The Art of Magic: The Gathering - Ravnica". Wizards of the Coast
- Django Wexler (June, 2019), The Gathering Storm Chapter Two.
- Greg Weisman (April 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica". Del Rey.
- Greg Weisman (May 29, 2019). "War of the Spark: Ravnica – Desperate Operatives". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.