|Birthplace||White Woods, Corondor, Dominaria|
|Lifetime||Born ~4166 AR, possibly still alive|
|Mirage, Visions, see below|
History[edit | edit source]
Mirage War[edit | edit source]
With his Quirion allies Mangara came to Jamuraa to research the events on Teferi's Isle. When he found nothing but barren rock, he joined the two other mages that had been attracted by the event, Kaervek and Jolrael, when they traveled back to the mainland of Zhalfir.
Mangara's brilliant diplomacy helped resolve the tensions between the nations of Zhalfir, Femeref and Suq'Ata, which earned him the respect of the people and soon the control of all three countries. Among other measures, he brought his elven allies to Uktabi Jungle to achieve this peace. Ruling Zhalfir with an honest, pure hand, Mangara brought about a new age of equity, known as Mangara's Harmony. But a jealous Kaervek turned on Mangara and imprisoned him in an Amber Prison and thus started the Mirage War.
Mangara scryed Jamuraa while imprisoned and thus knew Kaervek's deeds and his whereabouts. When Asmira and Rashida Scalebane freed him, Mangara immediately took action. With the aid of his Quirion friends and the Mundungu of the Zhalfirin tomb-city of Aku, Mangara was able to turn the tide and trap Kaervek in the Prison. He left Jamuraa soon after.
Time rifts[edit | edit source]
Mangara was one of those individuals who were brought to post-apocalyptic Dominaria through the time rifts.
In-game references[edit | edit source]
- Centuries ago, Mangara won the loyalty of the Quirion not by ruling their minds, but by supporting their independence. (Mind Harness (Mirage))
- "Mangara is gone. Who among you doubts that I have taken his power?" —Kaervek (Disempower (Mirage))
- "Kaervek imprisoned Mangara out of jealousy, but he taints Jamuraa simply out of spite." —Asmira, Holy Avenger (Blanket of Night (Visions))
- "With Rashida's blades, my guiding vision and the luck of the blessed, today we will free Mangara!" —Asmira, Holy Avenger (Scalebane's Elite (Visions))
- Asmira's prayers alone should have freed Mangara from the amber prison... (Relic Ward (Visions))
- ...but the price of Mangara's freedom was Asmira's life. (Natural Order (Visions))
- "All animals, even humans, can be herded. The trick is to make them think they choose their own destination." —Mangara (Mtenda Herder (Mirage))
- "How ironic that the greatest forge of civilization is battle." —Mangara (Prismatic Boon (Mirage))
- "Your arrogance amazes me, Kaervek. Did you not know the price you would pay?" —Mangara (Aku Djinn (Visions))
- "Rats and jackals feast in his swath, but even they will not walk with him." —Mangara (Kaervek the Merciless (Time Spiral))
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Like many other prerevisionist names, Mangara's is an anagram, coincidentally enough, of the word "anagram."
Sources[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]