Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Digital Games Studio
The Digital Games Studio is a Wizards of the Coast department created by President Chris Cocks in January 2017, in a bid to improve on the digital experience of Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, and other games. In Cocks's words: they should become "more efficient, connected, and convenient."
The Digital Games Studio is led by industry veteran Jeffrey Steefel and includes experienced Wizards game designers and industry talent from several companies. It incorporated the Magic Digital Studio of Worth Wollpert, which previously had created Magic Online and Duels of the Planeswalkers. Both of these creations had met with criticisms. Magic Online as a “full” version of the game is weighed down by a notoriously clunky client and difficult-to-parse user interface—and the Duels of the Planeswalkers series of spin-offs are more user-friendly and nicer to look at but generally considered a little shallow compared to what longtime Magic players are looking for.
Magic Digital Next[edit | edit source]
Products[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Chris Cocks (January 12, 2017). "Making Moves". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Blake Rasmussen (January 13, 2017). "The January 13, 2017 Update". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Philip Kollar (January 12, 2017), Could we finally get a real Hearthstone competitor from Magic: The Gathering? Gameinformer.com
- Jeffrey Steefel (February 17, 2017). "Magic Digital Next". magicthegathering.com. Wizards of the Coast.
- Zac Clark (February 8, 2018). "Wizards of the Coast President Chris Cocks on MTG Arena and the Future of Digital Magic", Hipstersofthecoast.com