Magic: The Gathering - Path of Vengeance
|Magic: The Gathering - Path of Vengeance|
|Number of issues||4|
Magic: The Gathering - Path of Vengeance is a paperback published by IDW Publishing in 2013, assembling 4 comics which were published at the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. The book continues the exploits of the planeswalker thief Dack Fayden, a Magic character especially created for the series.
- Dack Fayden returns to Ravnica! Dack knows that the malevolent Sifa Grent has something sinister planned for the city of Ravnica, but he must uncover her plot while being pursued by Rakdos cultists and Boros soldiers. Not only that, but someone from Dack's past may just put an end to the Planeswalker thief!
- The Cult of Rakdos has put a price on Dack Fayden's head - and Maytov, the best thief in Ravnica, has come to collect. Now, Dack must fight for his life against an opponent more cunning than anyone he's ever faced. Will Maytov succeed where even Sifa Grent has failed - and kill the Planeswalker Thief?
- Dack Fayden has finally uncovered Sifa Grent's plan for Ravnica... and it could bring unbelievable devastation to the city-plane! Now, Dack must make his way through Ravnica, with Rakdos cultists and city guards hot on his trail, in the hope that he can stop Sifa before it's too late!
- THE FINAL SHOWDOWN! Dack Fayden confronts Sifa Grent in a battle that may be too much for the Planeswalker thief. With the fate of Ravnica hanging in the balance, Dack must rally all his strength to put an end to the villainous Sifa once and for all!
Dack returns to Ravnica where he finds Vaclav, beaten and left for dead. He takes Vaclav to Fadka for some healing. There he runs into Maytov, who informs him that the Cult of Rakdos is looking for him and have put a huge price on his head. Amidst all this, he learns that couriers are vanishing, and the invitations to the rejuvenation of Vitu-Ghazi are falling into the wrong hands. Using his psychometry on one of the messages, Dack figures out Sifa's plan. She is plotting to drain the power from all of Vitu Ghazi with the same spell she had used to consume the life from Drakeston. Dack realizes he is in over his head and needs the aid of Fadka, Valcav and Maytov to stop Sifa. With his motley crew of misfits and thieves, he rushes to the City Tree, arriving just in time to confront Sifa and her forces. An enormous battle is waged in the boughs of the tree and Sifa has Dack on the ropes, but just like Dack's friend Marsh, from ages ago, she forget to protect herself from a sword. Vaclav manages to stab Sifa from behind, wounding her horribly at the cost of his own life. Dack loomes over Sifa as she bleeds and is trying to suck the life from the tree to restore her health. he cuts loose with his most powerful spell, bringing vengeance upon the death mage at last.
- Path of Vengeance #1 (12/5/12) — Turnabout
- Path of Vengeance #2 (12/19/12) — Voidmage Husher
- Path of Vengeance #3 (1/30/13) — Ogre Arsonist 
- Path of Vengeance #4 (2/27/13) — Corrupt